My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Friday, July 27, 2012

You Won't Relent.......

Yesterday I was listening to this song "You Won't Relent" by Jesus Culture. Here are are the words.

"You won't relent until You have it all
My heart is Yours
You won't relent until You have it all
My heart is Yours

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
And many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are One

I don't want to talk about You
Like You're not in the room
I want to look right at You
I want to sing right to You"

These words are so beautiful! I've heard this song a million times, we've sang it in church a number of times, but yesterday ministered to me in a new way!

The past couple of days, we have experienced some major warfare, and some not so easy trials! But God has remained faithful! In this journey, I am learning so much more about myself that I ever realized!

This song spoke to me about God's love for us, how He won't relent until He has it all! See, we are a work in progress, never reaching that full perfection that God created us for. We make steps and we grow, as we press more and more into Him. I often feel I have it together, that I'm making huge strides, then I'll think about all the things that I haven't given to God! Thank goodness there is no condemnation in Christ! He is like our cheerleader, not focusing on the mistakes, but cheering us on to move forward to the next goal!

One of the things I've realized is my conditional love, yes you heard me right CONDITIONAL love. I think all parents want to have unconditional love for their children. And most probably do. But yesterday, the Lord revealed that I haven't had such unconditional love. This was a hard pill to swallow, and it brought me to my knees in repentance. He loves us unconditionally, all the sin and pain I have caused Him, all the rejection I have made Him feel, all the disappointment, ungratefulness, selfishness, and lack of loving Him like I should........and He STILL loves me unconditionally. Wow.....forgive me Father. I want to love like the Father does, I want to be a mirror of Him!

I want to love past my hurts, my feelings of rejection, my offenses, my pride, my selfishness, my own comfort, and the list could go on and on! I want to be the person God created me to be, but I have to get past me in order to do that!

So, I'm thankful that He won't relent until He has it all! I'm thankful that through these few weeks away from my "normal" in Georgia, that He is speaking to my heart and growing me more into what He created me to be. I'm far from it, but thankful for my gracious and loving Father to help me take baby steps!

Be blessed my friends! I encourage you to pull up that song and listen, and ask the Father to reveal something new that you need to lay down to Him! He's such a good Daddy and loves you so much that He sent His only Son to die for you! I'm in awe of His unconditional love!

No comments:

Post a Comment