My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Just the three of us!!

Saturday morning when we woke up, Jarrod and I decided to start our morning the way God intended for our morning to start......with prayer and worship. It set the mode for the day and it was a blessing! Prayer and worship changes the atmosphere!! Then we had a short devotional focusing on the verse "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it". We talked about how we have a choice each day whether to be in a good mood or not, to focus on the good, not the things that annoy us!!

This day ended up being a great one, filled with laughs, a nice dinner out, and our sweet Yulia getting a cute cute haircut!! Our favorite part was the devotional that evening. Jarrod was starting on the Romans road for the salvation message, that he will do in parts! He shared a little, then Yulia asked if she could share some of her favorite Bible verses from Psalm. We told her we would love to hear them! These verses ministered to me so much! She opened up to us in a new way, and it was such a blessing! She is such a blessing, more than I think she even realizes to us! It was a sweet time of talking and devotion!

Sunday morning, although running a bit late, we made it to Pastor Nicholi's church! It was a beautiful sermon, one that I needed to hear, one that Jarrod needed to hear, and really one that Yulia needed to hear......but Yulia wasn't in the service, she was helping prepare for after the service refreshments. I really do miss being home, at church where I can understand without an interpreter, but I have grown to love this little church! The Lord is there, blessing this ministry, and I've never quite seen a church operate they way they do. There is such a loving heart over that church, they serve, love, and accept, all without expecting anything in return. They just love the Lord and want to do His will. I'm going to miss them, and I pray that one day God will allow me the opportunity to come back and visit the church and this sweet family we have grown to love!

Sunday afternoon, we all passed out! It's been an emotion days prior to Sunday, and it had all caught up with us! As Jarrod, Yulia and I were all napping, Natasha was preparing to leave for a few days to visit a friend! We were excited for some alone time with Yulia, but nervous at the same time! Natasha gave us all the phone numbers, some special instructions, talked with Yulia about whatever, lol, and she was off!! Jarrod, Yulia and I all looked at each other like "what now"!!

We decided to walk to our pizza place "Pow Wow" and have dinner! We did great, had a little conversation over dinner, Yulia even ordered our food for us!! On the way back we stopped by to get some make-up and she did great paying there and helping us! When we left I jokingly said "Thank you daddy", and she repeated very playfully! We then survived the supermarket!! We were so excited that we had been able to function and communicate, making us realize that it's all going to be okay!!

That night, we had a chance at a potentially bad teenager moment, but God had His hands on us! We got frustrated at a situation, we just knew she would. But thank goodness for a translator app, that works sometimes, she explained lovingly what was going on, and even thanked us. Let me just say.......PROGRESS!!

Monday morning, we were at another situation that needed handling. Something we weren't quite sure how to handle, Jarrod and I disagreeing on how to handle, and just having to cling to God to know what to do. There could be major trust issues, betrayal issues, issues, issues, issues, if this wasn't handled the right way! But once again, God worked it out! This one wasn't quite as smooth as the other, but it was lovingly talked about "again through a crazy app", and we've moved forward. It wasn't a great start to the day, but it turned around!

That morning, Yulia had prepared breakfast for us! She cut up peaches and bananas, and arranged them really cute on a plate, then put condensed milk in the center and over them a bit!! Here, the kids love condensed milk, and it's actually not bad!! I wasn't really hungry, but she said "Please Amy, I made it", so what could a mom do?? It was good, and it meant so much to her that she had blessed us!!




I was able to prepare lunch, and I enjoyed cooking in our little kitchen! We had a nice meal, then I got a manicure!! Oh how I love being pampered, lol! After a little rest and talking, we decided to take off for a photo shoot with our girl! We wanted to take some pics of her, but she was so sweet, wanting us in the pictures too!! It was fun! We walked around a bit before heading back to the apartment!

That evening was just filled with laughing and having fun, just the three of us. We are growing and bonding in a new way, and I have such hope that God is going to bless our every step, as He already has!

We are not yet to the "mama and daddy" name calling with her! We know it will come with time, and not by us forcing her, but by lovingly being mama and daddy to her! There have been a couple of moments where she has told others that's what we are, but we just haven't been called that yet!! In God's perfect timing, He makes all things new!!

Please continue to pray for us! I'm leaving in a few short days, and it's a bittersweet thing! We are finally at this place of true bonding, and I will have to leave. Yet, I long for my Noah, Hannah, and Jonah like never before!! We'll all be together soon, and what a glorious day that will be! Not that life will be perfect, or even the normal we are used to, but God will show us how to operate and function in love and our new family!!











Here are a few pictures from our walk today! It was fun and there will be a few more on facebook!!

Also, please be in prayer, b/c we still need about $2500 more! We've come so far in our fundraising, even needing about $14000 only 2 weeks prior to leaving to come here! We know God will provide, but I have to admit, I have my moments of wondering how all this will work out!! God's hand is on us!! Be blessed my friends, and thanks for sharing in the excitement of our journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment