My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Learning, growing and bonding!!

The past few days have been great! Filled with many emotions (at least on my end), but great! I find myself often having to message a friend to see if I am going crazy, lol!! I've had several people tell me that I'm experiencing childbirth, and all the hormones that go with it, and I REALLY believe that!! In all this, I'm growing in my love for the Lord, and learning to lean on Him in a new way!

Saturday was a fun day! We went to the island and to the Cossacks Museum! It was so interesting to learn more about the island and things about people back in the past times! I'm not going to give all the info here, because it may not interest everyone like me! Jarrod and Yulia buddied up, with the camera around Yulia's neck the whole time!! Natasha and I lingered behind as she was telling me more and more about this history!

Jarrod taught Yulia her first word......."slow poke"!! LOL!! After the museum we decided to go walking around on one of the trails! It was hot, but so beautiful! The breeze that is always beside a body of water feels like the sweet breath of God! I could just sit and sit in nature, it's where I feel the closest to God! We wrapped it up after a while, but we enjoyed every minute of it! It was a great day of bonding for us!

On Sunday we spent a little time at the orphanage, then back to the apartment to lounge around! Jarrod and I took Yulia by ourselves for a walk so she could take pictures......she loves taking pictures! In fact, we are starting her own folder on the computer for photos, she took 225 one day!! This may sound crazy "taking her alone", but you have to understand......she doesn't speak very much English, we don't speak very much Russian, and we are surrounded by a whole country of people that speak either Russian or Ukrainian, lol! But it was great! We didn't stay long, b/c it was hot, but it was a sweet time of bonding!

That evening we went and checked out another church! It was a Canadian man and his wife, so it was really kind of cool that he spoke in English and had a Russian translator! The highlight of the night was when he grabbed the interpreter and came to meet our family! He didn't know we were American! That's kind of funny, b/c everywhere else we seem to get the looks, especially when we talk! It was a sweet time that night! God spoke some really sweet things to me, some of what I want to share, but feel that it's a bit personal for here!

Today has been a good day! We had some running around to do....and waiting! Natasha had to go and wave her magic wand, lol!! I surely don't know what we would do without this beautiful woman! When I say she is beautiful, I don't only mean on the outside, she is beautiful both inside and out! So she took care of some paperwork things, then we headed to a yummy restaurant and the book store! Yulia picked out a dog book, we also picked up a Russian cookbook! Of course, she'll have to cook by it, or read it to me! I also picked up ABC magnets in Russian! Not only will Yulia be learning English, but our family will be learning Russian! It will be my children's second language!

It really was a beautiful day! Life right now is fully of ups and downs! Learning to parent a teenager isn't as easy as it looks, lol! Kidding, really.....all my friends with teenagers, please don't fuss at me!! I have so many teenagers that I love and adore, and to them I am "cool". But this is totally different, I'm having to learn how to be the mama! I'm used to little ones that need me, and I know how to meet those needs. Yulia needs me, but in a different way. I'm having to learn to nurture her in the way she needs me. This is hard! We are so excited about all the things God is doing in our family, and we do covet your prayers.

Our children at home are doing great! They are with Granny and Papa in the evenings, and with friends during the day! They have gotten used to us not being there, but know we will be home soon! Still, it's hard sometimes to pass the many, MANY playgrounds here and watch the kids playing! It makes me miss my little ones even more!

Be blessed my friends, and I look forward to sharing more with you along this beautiful road the Lord has guided us on!










No comments:

Post a Comment