My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Monday, May 21, 2012

My wonderful Blessing!!

Good evening friends!! I have just come in from walking 2 miles, woohoo!! It was great, and I'm feeling pretty good!! The kids are resting and Jarrod is watching a little tv, so I figured I would write a bit of my heart!!

The past couple of days, I have had this blog on my heart, and praying about how to put it all into words! It may not be long, but then again, sometimes I get long winded!! So tonight, this blog is all about my wonderful husband, Jarrod Lee Thorpe!!

I've realized lately through various things just how BLESSED I am!! I've always known that I have a wonderful husband, but the Lord has really been speaking to me lately about it!! We have a marriage unlike any I've ever seen or known. Then again, you never see anyone's marriage all the time except your own!!

I am honored to be called Jarrod's wife, and I am honored that he leads our household in the ways of the Lord! When I was a young girl, I always dreamed of getting married, you know the typical fairy tale dream that little girls had! I had high standards, and I wasn't wavering any of them!! I prayed for many years it seemed like that God would send me that perfect person for me! I prayed that not only would I fall in love with my husband, but that we would fall in love through Christ. This is exactly what I feel like we have done!!

In Ephesians 5:23 it says "For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body." This is how our lives are to run. Our marriage is to be a reflection of Christ and the church. It saddens me to see so many marriages not operating this way. Now I'll back up a minute, Jarrod and I don't have a perfect marriage and we do make mistakes, often I may add!! But Jarrod leads our home through the guidance and direction of Christ!

When I think of Jarrod, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree at all!! See, when I was praying all those years, I prayed for a husband who had great parents, and boy did I get blessed!! Jarrod's parents I call mom and dad, and I love them as my own! They are my own, and I know they are a gift from the Lord!! Jarrod has learned much from them, as well as myself!! We are where we are in our walk with the Lord because of the love, encouragment, and support of mom and dad!! They have loved and accepted me as their own. They don't hold my past against me, or my faults, they forgive and love me just as the Father does!!

I see all this in Jarrod!! The love and respect he has for me and the guidance he gives to our children is overwhelming!! And it's something I see in his dad! So thank you dad for training your son in the ways of the Lord so that he can guide our family! Mom and I were talking today about dad. Someone recently compared their husband to dad, and there was no comparison! I said, well I have a hubby like dad!! I feel blessed to say that!!

Proverbs 31:11 says "The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain." This is my prayer for our marriage that Jarrod will always trust me and lack nothing!! While I'm not perfect, and never will be, I truly try to be the wife God has called me to!!

One of our favorite things to do is laugh!! When one of us gets started, we don't stop. We've seen recently that our children have picked up on that, and at times, the laughter is rolling on and on in our house until our cheeks and ribs hurt!! Proverbs 17:22 says "A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones". I think we have joyful hearts around here!!

So I have been a little more serious in this blog than I wanted to be, but maybe that's because it was meant for someone!! So here are some of the random reasons my husband is so great..........he leads our family the way God intended, he loves me even when I'm not very loveable, he thinks I'm beautiful even when I look horrible, he loves me despite my faults, he loves our children more than I've ever seen a man love his children, he loves to be silly, he is sometimes my 5th child, he makes me laugh harder than I ever have before, he randomly sends me texts and "Hey Tells" to say I love you, he knows I don't like confrontations so we sometimes make up on text message, he sends me out with my friends sometimes b/c I need time away, he allows me to be the mother God called me to be and stay home with our children, he fully supports me homeschooling and wants to be involved, he wants to adopt as many children as God has called us to, he is a wonderful children's minister, he loves the Lord will all his heart, mind and soul, and he's just Jarrod!!

So I am proud to call him my own, I am proud and honored the Lord chose me for his wife, and I love him more than I could ever possibly describe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment