My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Adventures in Parenting......

Good evening everyone! I can't believe I'm blogging two days in a row, but here goes!! I'm not really sure what this blog is about, maybe venting, maybe realizing things! Anyways, here goes!!

Today has been a day! Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good!! My morning started off wonderful, with hugs from my babies and hubby, a nice walk around the neighborhood listening to my worship music, then talking with our sweet girl in Ukraine and our incredible facilitator!! So we got off to a great start!! While we were skyping and I was walking, the tv got turned on to keep the little ones busy!! Hard thing, once you turn it on, it's sometimes hard to turn off!!

So I decided to do some re-arranging in our school room, and I'm quite impressed!! So after a while, I'm not going to admit how long, I pulled the kids away from the tv to have some school time! This was a nightmare, they didn't want to sit down, to think, or to even cooperate for that matter! It was a bit frustrating! So I kept them as long as my sanity could handle, then let them free to play!!

After a bit I asked them to clean up, only to get the usual "I don't want to, I'm too tired, I already did it all, it's their turn". It really makes me want to go to a COMPLETELY toyless house!! I try not to be the "mean mom", but sometimes it has to come down to that!!

Here's part of the problem, then again it's nice!! My kids LOVE playing together!! Noah is 7, Hannah is 5, and Jonah is 4. Many days the kids get up and start playing before I'm out of bed. Before you judge me, my kids are EARLY risers, getting up around 6:30, sometimes 7. So many times they have had a nice time playing with things and making a mess of the house!! I realize that they are kids and kids are prone to messes, so I try not to get all uptight about it!!

It's the clean-up time that is the struggle. They don't want to quit playing to clean up their messes!! They are having way too much fun!! I am so thankful that they love each other this much, and I am choosing to look at this! While yes, they have their arguments and fights, the majority of the time, they are playing nicely and with their imaginations!!

I'm also realizing that part of my problem is inconsistency, I'm not intentional.......there I said it, it's my confession. I used to be intentional, used to be consistent, then I became a mom!! I know, I know, lame excuse. I'm asking the Lord to help me get past this, and help me to be the mom, wife, teacher, friend, and all my other hats that He created me to be. I want to be the perfect Amy that He wants me to be.....not that I will be perfect, but I want to be what God created me to be! Now I'm not walking in condemnation, just realizing some of my faults, and I'm hoping to be held accountable to them!!

I want to purposefully train my children in the ways of the Lord! They are learning scripture, and how to treat each other, they are learning to be a blessing and not a curse, BUT I also want them to understand that we take care of and appreciate the things that God gave us. Material things are not important in this world, but we are to respect the things that God has given us!! I'm not a clean freak, so I don't expect perfect!

So while this was probably a random blog post, I feel much better getting this out!! I love my children and love that they love to play together, it's just sometimes a battle! We all face the many battles of life, some small and some large. They all help us grow and appreciate and learn things in different ways! I am thankful for my adventures in being a mommy! While I don't always embrace the moments like I should, I am slowly learning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment