My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

July 5 ~ special in more than one way!!

Good afternoon friends! I am sitting here with one sweet boy asleep beside me while the other two children play quietly in their rooms! I would love to say today has been a perfect day filled with me being a perfectly attentive mommy, but honestly I haven't been! My mind has been a thousand miles away as I have pondered some pretty awesome news this morning!! (I'll get to that in a moment!)

You know each year, there are anniversary dates for many things......maybe a marriage, a birth, a date of overcoming an obstacle, the day you found Christ, etc........and all of these are important to people in different ways!! I love celebrating our anniversary, because it's a reminder of how much God loves me! On July 5, 2003, Jarrod and I were joined as one! When we married, we said our vows for better or worse, and we meant that! I don't think when anyone makes those vows they will ever know what life will have in store for them! You never know the joy, pain, laughter, tears, hurt, frustration, love, or excitement that your lives may have laid out on the path called marriage for you! The one thing that we knew, was that our foundation had to be on Christ, and without it, our marriage would crumble. So we haven't taken lightly to our marriage and the unity that it brings us through Christ!

Each year has been celebrated differently, and some a little more fun than others! Jarrod and I enjoy the simple things, like hiking, watching a movie, or just having a nice quiet dinner together! Since we've had 3 children during the first 5 years of our marriage, those first anniversaries were celebrated really simply!! We love it regardless of how "glamourous" it may be, just the time that we get to spend together! I can honestly say that Jarrod is my best friend!!

Last year we celebrated our 8th anniversary, and it was really sweet!! Mom kept the kids so that we could get away for the weekend! Jarrod made the arrangements, and we set off for a bed and breakfast in Toccoa, GA! It was a sweet little town with a beautiful waterfall, an amazing history and a sweet quiet spirit there! It was one of the most refreshing weekends we've ever had before! We fell in love with the little town, as we fell in love with Christ and each other all over again! At that point in our lives, we were pondering adoption, just realizing that we have a calling for it! We even found a building that we claimed up there for a children's home! I am still believing the Lord for this, although it might not be one that we run!! That building will be the Lord's!! So as I look back at our lives a year ago, it brings a smile to my face to see where God has brought us from there!!

We are coming up on July quickly this year, and we knew that we would probably be in Ukraine during our anniversary time, completing our adoption! Well, we got news this morning that our appointment date is on our annivesary!! Thinking about this just brings me to tears to see just how much God's hand is on this adoption!! He loves Jarrod and I so much that He is honoring our hearts to please Him and add to our family by starting this on our anniversary! I don't know about you, but to me this is one of the most beautiful gifts that He could give to me!!

We now have so many details to work out, and things to prepare for! We are praying and BELIEVING the Lord for the remaining provision we need! He has promised us that it is coming, and we are standing on that promise! This morning, as exciting as that news was, I had my "freak out" moment! (I'm suppossed to be honest here, right?) I realize how close we are to this being final, I realize how close we are and how much we have yet to get! How is He going to do this?? My God will move mountains for me, I am convinced! And the date that is set for Ukraine to me is His promise to fulfil this! It's not up to me to figure out how He's going to do it, but rejoice that He is doing this!! A bit ago as Noah and Hannah were suppossed to be having "quiet time" I hear Hannah shouting "Jesus". I think she was just being silly, but the reality of what she was doing was like a wake up call. The childlike faith, just shouting the name of Jesus. It's that simple, all we have to do is shout His name, and all fear and things not of the Lord will depart!! So I am sitting here getting ready to shout at the top of my lungs! (of course I want Jonah to get his nap out first, lol!!)

I am so honored that God has chosen me for this journey, yet feel so unworthy and ill prepared! He is growing me so much during it, and I don't just mean growing my family! My faith is being stretched to a new level, and it's the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced! My patience is growing, as well as my letting things go that I can't control! My children are growing, in realizing just how much more love they have in their hearts! There are so many other things the Lord is doing, preparing us for all life has for us! I realize that I am a very positive person, and I look at the good things, not wanting to see the bad! I believe this is a gift, and I'm learning that no matter how "bad" things are, God is the answer, and He will guide me in the way He has for me! I know there are realities that go along with adoption, and I will embrace those and work through those as we encouter those, but I know ultimately who has the answer for these things that may come up!!

So, Happy Anniversary to us! This will definetely be a year that we will NEVER forget!! Tomorrow will be an exciting day as well! We get to talk to our sweet girl once or twice a week on the phone, but tomorrow we will be able to skype her and actually see her! We haven't seen her since she left in January, so this will be awesome! She is so excited as are we!! Thank you for sharing in our lives and our journey, and please continue to pray that God's hand will be on us every step of the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment