My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Friday, June 24, 2011

There is freedom.......

Good morning! I am sitting here this beautiful morning with a completely quiet house! My children spent the night with a friend and it was a nice little break for me (it's been a while!)! I've missed them and didn't quite know what to do with myself this morning.....A little quiet time with the Lord, but what is that once you've had 3 children to entertain each morning and no complete alone time!! I turned on a little worship music and did some housework and made a couple of phone calls. After that I figured it was time to sit and rest in Christ!!

I'm sitting here listening to "Just like You" by Jason Upton, in fact, just started it over!! It talks about the Freedom of the Lord. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. If you are tired and thirsty, there is freedom. Wow, we have freedom where the Spirit of the Lord is, and that is here in my home!! The Spirit resides in me, in my home, in my family. So there is freedom! I decided to just lie on my back and bask in His greatness. As I layed there and just entered in, my cat (that annoys me often!) comes over and starts rubbing up against me, almost laying on my head, just looking for some affection. Oh my goodness how God loves to speak to me visually, I'm such a visual person! I realized that I am her master and she wants love and affection to me and when I layed on the floor, I made myself open for her to come and sit with me and for me to love on her! That is God to us all the time. He is always ready and open and available for us to come and sit on Him and rest on Him and get all the affection that we need. All we have to do is be ready and willing to take that step to sit at His feet! He never forces us, but we know that He is always there, ready for us! And while my cat drives me crazy and does things that I really wish she wouldn't do, I love her and open my arms to her to love on her! We are the same way, falling and making some pretty big mistakes, but God's arms are always open! Thank you Jesus!!

I am walking through this book....."Becoming the Woman I want to be" by Donna Partow, and it's a 90-day journey to renewing the spirit, soul and body. I started this book last year, lol, only getting through day 2!! So I picked it back up and am now on day 12! I'm not consistent everyday with it, but pick it up as I feel God is leading! Each day that is a few parts to it, and one is a Guided Prayer that I felt like it would be appropriate to share! Here goes:
Dear Lord, I thank you that you are a forgiving God. Sometimes I picture you up in heaven recounting my sins or rolling your eyes when I make the same mistakes over and over again. But, Lord, you Word says taht when I confess a sin you remove it as far as the east is from the west. You choose not to hold my sin against me. I thank you that you are not an exasperated parent. You don't roll your eyes at me the way I do when I'm exasperated with my children or other people in life. I thank you that you abound in love-you have plenty to give and your supply can never run dry. I know sometimes I wear my loved ones out reciting my lithany of woes. God, help me to become more positive in my communication with others. Knowing that you never weary of hearing my prayers and listening to my cries for help gives me a wonderful outlet. I don't have to lay my burdens down at the feet of my family and friends; I can lay them all down at your feet. Lord, help me to remember to call on you, rather than calling on people, in my times of trouble. I know you will always answer me. And the answer you give will be just the right answer: filled with wisdom, love and compassion. Thank you Lord, Amen.
Wow, talk about a prayer that I truely needed!! I made couple of mistakes this last month, that have been repeat mistakes. I have been beating myself up over how to make it up to God. Yes, I realize this sounds stupid, but I have been trying to think of how to make it up!! God is a FORGIVING God and he forgives my sins when I confess them........thank you Lord!!!

Now I'm off to have a little more worship before picking up my blessings!! I feel more refreshed after a break and pray that I will be like a new mommy today completely sowing the things into my children that are of God's kingdom!! Listening to this song from "Onething" and want to leave you with this........I have a purpose, I have a destiny, You made me for your glory, You made me for you Glory!! No one else can love you like I love you, Lord, cause I was made unique in Your heart, I was made to bring you Joy!!


Bless you today...as me and the children always pray, use us for Your glory today!! Let God use you for His glory today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment