My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saddened Heart..........

Good evening my friends!! Hope you all have had a great day today!! It's been quite a day!! Started off early with a trip to the gym!! Great, but intense workout!! Trying to like spin a little more, but it sure does kick my booty, lol!! I figured the more I do it, maybe the more I will like it!! We'll get there!! Went early enough that I got home around 9am, to start off my day with the family!! Finished the evening off with a great birthday party and some fun times with friends!! Had a great time talking about the Lord and some new doors being opened!

After arriving home from the gym,  Jarrod got ready to leave to make a run to the dump. He walked out to get something, then very seriously walked inside and said I need you to come outside with me. He told the kids to stay inside, not to come outside at all. I had no clue what I was walking out to. We live in a townhouse, so we have a lot of "close" neighbors! As I walk away from our front door, I see about 5 cop cars about 100 feet from our house and an ambulance. Now lately b/c of a few things here and there (i.e.kitchen fire, someone falling, and allergic reaction), this hasn't been unusual. Jarrod told me that there was a body found in a driveway up the road. My heart just sank.

I called a neighbor to get more info, and we kind of made guesses at what could have happened. All that we knew is that there was a good bit of blood and the police said that it didn't look like an accident. I didn't know the young man, but had seen him a few times pulling in or out of his driveway. This was a young man, around 22 years old who was found dead. He has been known for going to clubs and bringing home random guys, so we guessed maybe that turned violent. After waiting for the coroner/GBI/whoever else needed to come, they covered everything and began working. I think the final conclusion was that he had been drinking and doing drugs (possibly on some drugs for medical reasons also), and he walked outside and went down the hill falling into the neighbors car and falling on the concrete, and not making it. Not sure all the details exactly, but I think this is about it. The police tried to get everything cleaned up before his mom arrived b/c that could be so horrifying. His body lay there for a while, and while it wasn't viewable really from my house, I did see them cover the body. My heart is just breaking for this family and I can't get this out of my head. As I type this, I am tearing up as a mom. As I was helping my children clean up toys today, I looked at all of them, and I thought "man, about 20 years ago, his mom was doing the same thing with him". How could she have know the paths he would have taken and the choices that he would make? So hard, all I can do is pray. Every time that I would get my bible out to read, I couldn't, all I can think about is the mom..... Also, found out that she has another son, 15 years old, who not too long ago moved in with his dad. He got busted at the end of the year for having drugs at school.....So heartbreaking.

My prayers sincerely go out to this family and that God will open their eyes and just grab ahold of them. I have to admit, that I started praying over my children even more as the day went on today. I never want to see any of my children go through the things that this mom is having to deal with. I claim them for God's kingdom and I will fight with all my might to make sure of that. I know that I have to let them go and make decisions, but by that point, they will know nothing but the sweetness of God's love and mercy.

I was thinking about how many people grow up going to church and when they get older they turn away from it. This is because parents are only taking them through the motions, they aren't teaching them to walk in relationship with God. Many adults don't know how to walk in a relationship with God. I had a pretty crappy childhood, but God is good! I learned at a young age to cling onto God, b/c He was the only stability that I had in life, and I knew no matter what, His love was unconditional. So my prayer is that by mine and Jarrod's example that our children will know what it means to walk in relationship with God! When you are in relationship with Him and not just going through the motions, you can't just walk away from Him, b/c it's a loving commitment that you won't want to survive without!!

So I ask that each of you pray for this family.....it's such a heavy burden right now. I really can't get the image of the little I saw out of my head. God knows what this family needs and I pray that the young man knew the Lord. It breaks my heart to think of the possibility of such a young life going to the pits of hell. But this is a reality that we all need to face.....if someone doesn't know the Lord, that is where they will go. I don't know where he is standing now, but I do pray that he is standing in the Lord's presence. I pray a revelation over the younger brother that he will just turn his life around and start chasing God with his entire being. I pray for the neighbor who's driveway he was found in.....that she will have peace as this is a tramatic thing to walk out and see. I pray for any and all involved. Can you tell I am so bothered by this? And so close the our home......a place of peace and where the spirit of the Lord resides.

It makes me kind of feel bad that I haven't gotten out and gotten to know any of my neighbors. Why haven't I witnessed to this young man, why haven't I shown him the love of Christ? Lord, help me step out of my comfort zone and do these things. We all get so complacent in our lives and wrapped up in our "stuff" that we forget to get out and let our light shine. Father, awaken us to take this world for Your kingdom..... I'm tired of being in a place of complaceny, and I sure don't want my children to walk in this....Help me Lord!

Okay, now that it's all out, maybe I can go get some rest and have some peace. I was okay this morning, but after going to the parties and coming back home to the peace and quiet of the neighborhood, my heart starting stirring. How can we go back to the normal, something completely abnormal happened today. This mom's life will never be normal again. This is something that could have been avoided had this young man of known the truth.....man, sorry, I can't quit! Okay, I pray that you all will hug your loved ones tonight and let them know how much you love them and let them know of the truth....God's love for them!! Blessings to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment