My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Needing some direction......

Realized this morning how much I need to sit down and really listen to the Lord!! He is doing some things in our lives and we aren't real clear on the direction that we need to take!! To the world, neither of the decisions is a "bad" one, but we want to be obedient to what God wants us to do!! I've always been one to try to see only the good in people/things, but lately I think my spiritual eyes are being open to some different things. This is both exciting that I am seeing more deeply, but also sad as some of the things that I am seeing is quite disappointing. Lord, help me to hear your heart clearly and lead the Thorpe's to where you want us to be!! Above all, use us to bring glory to your name!!

We eased back into church today after being gone for a couple of weeks! Hannah and Jonah didn't want to go to class, so I had them sit with me. I was very surprised with how well they sat there quietly, I think sometimes I underestimate what they can do!! They never cease to amaze me!! Had so much fun dancing with them during worship, God is so amazing and so we LOVE to dance before Him!! Noah has turned into such a big boy.....going straight to class without any help or arguements about going!! Sometimes when you wonder how you are doing with things, God sends along some sweet reminders!! Today I had this guy from church come over to talk with me! He is not someone that knows me or Jarrod real well outside of seeing us at church. He told me that he has watched Jarrod and I a couple of times and the way that we handle our children and he wanted to commend us on that. He said he can tell that we are doing things right at home b/c of how well behaved our children are. If you know me, you'll know how much this touched my heart!! So many times I question if I am doing things right, and I often times do fail and lose my cool!! But thank the Lord, He is not finished with me yet!! So I can say that I felt very excited at that moment that God chose to remind me of what we are doing with our children is showing!!

Okay, can you tell I have a lot on my mind? I'll probably be blogging a lot, but most of all to get it out and maybe inspire some of you reading this!! One last thought, we never always get things right. We will constantly grow from the things in our life, and it usually deepens our faith, as long as we let it!! Blessings to you all today on this beautiful Sunday!!

This is a picture of my sweet blessings on Easter Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment