My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The battle is raging........

Good evening friends!! I realized that I needed to update life in adoption, so here we go! My title is "The battle is raging", it's from a favorite worship song around here! When you decide to adopt is a battle! Currently, things are going good, but we also realize how very ticked off the devil is at us!

A couple of weeks ago, we were given an answer to one of the most important questions ever in our life! While the children were here at Christmas, or better yet we were there with them, we fell in love with one very special 13 year old! We knew she shared the love, but we didn't know if she wanted to be in our family! When she was asked, she said that she really likes us, and I am the mom that she would want, but she wanted to think on it. We were COMPLETELY at peace about this, b/c we've learned the hard way not to jump in a decision, so here this sweet girl wants to take her time. This is a big decision.....going to join a family that already has 3 children, small children at that!

We did get to spend a little more time with her, even going to the airport to see all the children off. To say this was one of the hardest things is a major understatement! We felt like we were putting our daughter on the plane, yet she hadn't even said yes yet! Many tears were cried, some of the most were by our daughter Hannah, who is only 5. She didn't understand why the children had to leave, and didn't want them too! She brought a few of the adults to tears! After saying goodbye, we headed home and immediately began the homestudy process.

This was definetely an act of faith....see, we need around $25,000 to bring her home to us, and it's broken down in many ways! The day that we found out she said yes, we had $300 come in! A huge blessing! Our first homestudy appointment we were to pay $800, and at that point we had only raised $425, so we had to fork out the other! Now, let me add, we don't have a lot of money! Jarrod had just gotten paid, and we felt that we were to go ahead with this, and trust that God would send the money, although we needed to pay bills with the extra $375 that we spent! So we did it, and the next week was a real test. I cried out to the Lord and asked Him if we got ahead of ourselves. Should we have waited until financially things were better for us? Should we have gotten things better in order for us to begin the expensive adoption process? When I shared my concerns with Jarrod, he said yes we are to adopt! I had no doubt in my mind, just wondered if we went too soon. But then, more money came in, some very generous, very unexpected sources gave us money. I cried at this sight of God's faithfulness. God has so far provided $2425 to us, and that's what we've needed to get some of the things done so far! (well some are in the next few weeks, but it's here!)

This is something completely out of my controlling hands, which I never should have anyway. God is completely in control of this situation, and that's a load off!! We've had 2 homestudy appointments, and both went great. We have an amazing social worker, and we are very appreciative of that! Our final homestudy appointment will be in our home in a little over a week, and then it will be finalized and God willing......approved! Then we'll move on to our next step! This is so exciting!

We get to talk with our daughter occassionally, although the language is different and we can't understand a whole lot.....usually I love you, I miss you, How are you! But we also get to talk with an interpreter sometimes, so of course then we have more in depth conversations! A friend recently told me that she is so excited and this is so exciting, and how fun, etc! I have to admit, this is VERY EXCITING, but it also has it's moments! When I received the email that she is in the hospital part of the orphanage, my heart sank, b/c I can't be there to take care of her. You know, as a mom, when your child is sick, you want to do anything you can to take care of them, but I can't here! I can't hug her and kiss her goodnight, have those daily moments with her right now! I know those are coming, but for the next few months they aren't here. Not just that, but this is a battle. We are saving a life that the enemy has marked as destroyed......the devil is majorly ticked off at us! I'm not complaining, we realize we are fighting, but this is not an all rosey thing, it's a MAJOR answer to the call that God has placed on the church. I am not in any way lifting us up, we just decided to answer the call, and are praying that through us doing this, that more will rise up and answer that call......it's AMAZING to be obedient to the voice of the Lord!

I appreciate all the prayers and support that we have recieved! Not all will agree with this, but that's okay, we don't do this for man's approval, we are answering the call of the Lord! I even wonder how in the world do I parent a teenage daughter, but God's hand is on us now, and it always will be as long as we are seeking Him! So this part, He'll guide us on! God is amazing us with His faithfulness, and although yes, we are being blessed with another daughter, and that in itself is wonderful, the spiritual level that the Lord is taking us to, is an overwhelming one! We are excited to take these steps of faith, and even more excited that with every step the Lord is there to hold our hands, even when we fall!



These have always been favorite Bible verses for me Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." This is being taken to a whole new level in our lives right now! Be blessed all, and thank you for the continued prayer and financial support!

No comments:

Post a Comment