My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

blah, blah, blah!

Good afternoon! Been meaning to write for a while, but haven't stopped long enough to do so!! So get ready, cause it might be a long one, lol!! As I am typing, I have lemon muffins in the oven! They are starting to smell good! It's my first time making them, so I'm hoping they turn out good!! The last ones I did were banana muffins and they were a huge hit around here!! Will definetly be doing those again!! Hannah is asleep and the boys are suppossed to be, but at the moment they are talking in their beds!! Sweet brotherly bonding I guess!!

I have a sad heart today. One of Jarrod's co-worker's lost her son on Saturday. He was 16 and when they went to tell him lunch was ready, he was slumped over. They did CPR until the ambulance got there, they worked on him for a bit, then the hospital tried for an hour to get him back, with no avail. After an autopsy, they found out he had a blood clot that ruptured in his brain. My heart just breaks, I can't imagine how this mom must feel, her only child is now gone. The really sad thing is that the mom and dad don't know the Lord. I'm not sure where the son stood, but I pray that he is in heaven. Jarrod and I were talking about this how we feel there is a purpose for this happening. God's hand is on everything. I pray that through this the mom and dad will see God's love for them in a way they never had before, that their spiritual eyes will be opened. This has been 2 young men recently that have left this earth so early in life, and I just can't wrap my brain around it. I don't question God as to why, there are reasons, whether it be from freedom of choice or possibly to bring light to someone else, or a million other reasons. But nonetheless, it's very saddening. I just look at my babies and just want to hold them even tighter!

Okay, on to something lighter!! I had plans this morning to do homeschool.....fail!! I slept a little later than I intended, the kids got to playing, had a couple of phone calls that I needed to make/take and here it is naptime!! I was watching my children as I was making my lunch (they had already eaten, you know they eat first, lol!), and they amazed me. I was watching as they played pretend mom and dad for about 2 hours, nicely I might add!! Jonah had "a wreck" and the dad had to take him to the hospital. The compassion that Noah had on Jonah was overwhelming. Children do what they see adults do. The most inspirational adults in their lives are their parents! When I saw my children doing the things they were doing playing together today, it made me feel a sense of pride (in a humble way!)! They are treating each other the way that they see us treating them!!

This makes my heart swell with joy, b/c I don't always feel like a "great" mom!! But I know that my children are soaking up the things that I am sowing into to them! One of the things that I wanted to do today was do Bible/art together, where we will make the fruits of the spirit and talk about them. I think when they wake up from naptime we will!! But here I am watching them walk in the fruit of the spirit, how amazing is that!! As I was watching and realizing how much I have been stressing homeschool, I realized that the things they are doing, is in a way homeschooling!! They were working together as a team to figure out problems and doing it loving manner!! Yes, I will be teaching them academically and they will be prepared for college or whatever path they choose, but most IMPORTANTLY, Jarrod and I are teaching them to walk with the Lord. This is my book is more important than anything else, and to see the fruit from it.......WOW, is all I can say!! Does it mean they are perfect, hahaha, no!! But they are getting it! After all, I'm not perfect either!!

I really am getting excited about homeschooling!! And I'm finding myself getting quite defensive of it if someone says negative things!! I not saying it's for everyone, every child is different and has different needs/learning styles. The thing that I don't like to hear people is say "I'm just can't homeschool my children". That's like saying you can't "parent" them. Whether parents like it or not, we are their primary teachers in life. Like I said, I'm not saying it's the answer to all, it's just what we feel God has for our family at the present time!! I just really get frustrated when people are closed minded to it.....I was there once myself, lol!! I remember saying that I will not be a homeschooler, but guess what, God had other plans for us!! I personally feel that it is so important to prepare the children spiritually at this time in their life, especially b/c they are like sponges soaking up everything.....good and bad. So yes, I feel the need to shelter them from the ugliness of the world, in order to prepare them with the TRUTH of God's word so when they step out in it on their own, I feel like I have prepared them, which is what training a child is all about. Okay, off my soapbox!! This is my place to vent, b/c I would never "attack" someone over what they believe. My parenting got somewhat "criticized" the other day, and it hurt my feelings, but I'm just going to shrug it off and move on! I know that I fail often times on my parenting, but I also know that I am getting things right and I have good children!

I had so much on my heart and now I am at a loss for words, I guess that means I can share more later!! I have a Noah Jack who doesn't seem to want to nap, so I guess I can go and snuggle and possibly get him to drift off to dreamland!! Blessings to you all today!! This picture is from Father's Day!! I love these guys and gal more than words could ever express!!

No comments:

Post a Comment