My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Girls, girls, girls!

Hello again!! Just had one of my muffins and they are pretty good!! Not sure I used enough lemon zest, but there's always next time!! I enjoyed them, even if my family doesn't!! And they are all "clean" ingredients, which is a major plus!!

Ok, onto my girls title.....sheesh, why do we have the emotions that we do? I'm not sure if I'm alone in my feelings, but sometimes I feel like I am!! I am too sensitive at times, I have to "keep up" with others and have the latest things they do, or better yet one up them so I look like I have it more together than they do, we always want to get that last punch (I mean word) in there b/c we don't want to seem weak, feeling the need to defend ourselves, when our defender is truly God. We go running to each other about our life situtations and drama, only to have them help us hype it up more than it should be. We often times don't want to speak the truth into their lives b/c we don't want to step on toes.....good golly Miss Molly!! So many more emotions that I can't think of at the moment, only speaking current things in my life!!

The true one we should run to is God. I often find myself wanting to call and tell someone about something that happened instead of running to the one who ultimately has the answer. Prime example.....got my feelings hurt yesterday (a stupid thing), b/c my parenting was criticized by a close friend. This friend wasn't doing it in a mean way, and I am quite sure she didn't mean it the way I took it (PMS can mess with all of us at times), but I had to vent and get if off my chest and express my hurt feelings and get someone to justify my feelings. So I called mom and she always makes me feel better!! Then I had to tell Jarrod and another friend, you know I just had to let people know that I got my feelings hurt and I wouldn't do this to anyone else, hahaha! I mess up too!! What is wrong with me......why didn't I run to my Father, who heals all wounds, who would make me feel like I am loved, accepted and received (motto at my church!), but no, I need others to make me feel justified in my feelings. While yes, it's okay to have a "safe" person to talk to, there is no need to have lots of "safe" people, b/c then it just turns into gossip!  And people can't fix our problems, God can and will if we allow Him into our lives to do so! There are times where He puts someone on my heart to go to at that particular time, and I do b/c maybe the Lord has given them wisdom with a particular situation that I am going through. I will learn to run to the Father first and foremost......I am going to keep repeating this to myself and speak it into existence!!

Why do friendships as adults have to be so hard....expecially with girlfriends? What happened to the good ole days when friendship was just pure and simple, families got together and "hung" out and fellowshiped and built each other up......they were there for each other. This is so hard to find now a days.....at least in my world. I have many, many friends, many of which I can call on in a moments notice and they will be there for me, and I appreciate that more than words can express!! The family friends thing is where I struggle. How can I be so close to people, without it being a family thing. My family means so much to me, so why wouldn't I invite a friend and their family to become family friends, instead of just "Amy's" friends? I'm realizing that I am going to have to cut some of this out and although it might be a tough thing, I have to do what my heart is telling me! Does it mean I'll never have a girls night again, absolutely not! But I do want my family, as a family unit that God created, to have active family relationships with people that uplift us, encourage us, and are there for us. Isn't this what God created human beings for? We are to be there for one another. The thought keeps crossing my mind......it's not all about me.

I am entering a time in my life where my life will be my family, and while yes, I'm sure we'll get tired of each other at times, we are family! We are there for each other and we will surroud ourselves with likeminded friends!! Okay, off my soapbox.....just needed to get out some of these feelings and maybe others that are going through this can rest in this.......God is there for us, always, never a moment goes by that He doesn't think about us or want us to call on Him. I have to remind myself of this often and often I do forget! I don't want this blog to be about just venting, I want there to be a solid answer and uplifting thing to go along with it! God knows my desires and requests and I know He has a perfect plan for my family. My job is to sit in His presence and listen and follow and obey!! I hope I don't scare anyone off by being "real", I too struggle with many things in my life and it's only with God's grace can I get through them! Bless you all today!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog. What you are going through is just a time of transition. I could tell you so much about the many changes you will experience and friendship changes because you are now starting to go against the flow. You won't be do the most popular accepted thing but you will be doing the right thing that God has called you to. we really should visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being real , I am so glad to have found your blog . God is using it to speak to my heart .

    ReplyDelete