My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Moving on along.....

Good afternoon friends! It's a beautiful day here in Georgia, and we are enjoying a quiet afternoon watching a movie!! Then hopefully nap time, keeping my fingers crossed!!

The latest thing we've heard a few times is "Do you know what you are doing, adopting a teenage girl?" The answer is NO!! We don't know what we are doing, but are following the call that the Lord has on our hearts!! I chuckle when I hear this question, because as I became a first time mom with Noah, I had no clue was I was doing!! Even when I birthed our 3rd child, Jonah, I still didn't know exactly what I was doing! The Lord is guiding our hand all the way, so we are at peace!!

I was thinking the other day how our lives have changed so much! When we had 2 children, Noah and Hannah, we thought we were finished having children. We had a boy a girl, it was perfect, right? Then along came Jonah, God's little blessing for us!! After Jonah we decided to get my tubes tied, b/c we didn't want anymore "surprises". This saddens me sometimes, b/c children are such a blessing! Even in our worst days, I wouldn't change being a mom for anything in the world! But here we go again, God has changed our hearts and lives! We are "having" another child, just in a different way! So I've quit saying this is it, we aren't having anymore children. Instead, I'm awaiting when God will tell us next to add to our family again! Of course, mainly I am just keeping an open mind to what the Lord has for us!!

We are moving along with everything with the adoption! We completed our fingerprints this week, and now we are awaiting a couple of more documents before we send everything to Ukraine! We could possibly be going sometime in mid-late May! This is so exciting for us!! We have started the fundraising and we know that God will provide! So far we have raised $4000, and we still have $21000 to go! This is so exciting to see what God has done, and the testimony that will come out of this! My flesh also wants to get really nervous because this is a lot of money, and not a lot of time!! I have to stand on His Word and His promises, that He will provide for this adoption! I'm thankful that God has called us to this, and faithfully we are walking!

Thank you so much for all the prayers, support and encouragement! The Lord has surrounded us with amazing friends and family. We are overwhelmed when we sit down and think about it all!! Please continue to pray for us as we prepare for our trip! Of course we need the money to come, but we will also not be taking our children with us. This is going to be hard for all of us, but we know that God will give us peace and comfort while we are apart!! Be blessed my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment