My sweet family!

My sweet family!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Good afternoon friends! It is "quiet" time in our house right now! Of course the dryer is running, I hear pages of books turning as the kids are reading them, and randomly hear a "mom, how much longer"!! LOL, I'm trying to teach the children that we ALL need quiet times, not just kids!! Mommy needs hers too!! Often the kids fall asleep, but sometimes not! I'm limiting their time today, so bedtime will be smooth sailing! It's been a productive day, with school accomplished, some housework done (including some extra helping hands), and some fun (mostly for the children, but I love hearing them play!). So I figured in this quiet of our house, I would blog a few things on my heart!

We have had so much support in preparing for the adoption, but with that support also comes the "disapproving" comments, looks, or whatever form they may take! The first one we received wasn't horrible, but suprising as we thought the person would be very supportive, knowing our stand on children and our desires to one day adopt! This came from a very close friend. We've accepted it, and moved on, and know that there are seasons for everything, even friends! You love them, but not everyone has to agree with what you are doing!

Recently we received another "disapproval", from a not really shocking source, but the words keep ringing in my ears. "I think it's great that you want to adopt, but you shouldn't ask others for help. You shouldn't do it if you can't afford it." When I read these words (it came in an email), I have to be honest, it hurt. I cried, and tried to hide if from Jarrod, b/c I didn't know if I wanted to share it with him. I had to search the validity of this, should I not be asking others for help?? This has been very humbling to ask for help, I've always had to do things for myself. So why is this so bothersome? Acts 2 talks about the people in ...the CHURCH coming together and sharing and distributing all that they had.

When we've shared our story, and sent out letters and starting raising support, we didn't twist anyone's arm, we simply asked to partner with us, in prayer, with financial support, or whatever way the Lord laid it on their hearts! It's the Lord that moves people, not Jarrod and Amy! I was thinking back on relay for life, the police benevolence funds, aids funds, all these different WONDERFUL organizations that daily call and ask for support.....for the chance of saving lives, furthering research, whatever their cause may be! Well this is our cause, to save our beautiful girl from a life of possible destruction. I feel honored that God has called us to this, I feel honored that the Lord is humbling us even more by having to ask for help.....b/c we are truly learning to lean on the one true source, and that is Christ. God is doing this, we are just sharing what we are doing, and of course doing fundraising (just like any good and worthy cause does)!!

After recieving this email (which I did finally share with Jarrod after I wasn't so emotional!), I started thinking about others that ran in this circle of friends. Jarrod and I talked about not hearing from them, not a phone call saying congrats, this is awesome. So we figured that they probably feel the same way, although they are active Christians. I found myself wanting more and more to know if we had their approval, so I started to send a text, but the Lord wouldn't let me. He said "why are you doing this adoption, for the approval of others or for ME"? Ouch, I have to admit, that one shocked me. I thought, but Lord they will get it, I just want to make sure. He reminded me that He has called US for such a time as this. Some will get it, some will not. Even Christians will not fully grasp the concept of what we are doing, even the asking for help part! We've also realized that many won't get it b/c they feel convicted about it, or something is stirring in them that they aren't yet ready to grab ahold of. So many times offense comes b/c you are doing something that others have been called to do, yet aren't doing.

So, I leave you with a bit more of my heart exposed. I still haven't shaken completely the email, I guess I'm still a bit emotional about it. I know, it's crazy, b/c I know it's the enemy's way at trying to get to me. So each time it comes up, I just cast it at His feet. And I won't lie, I have to do it SEVERAL times a day!! One last thought, I just read from a friend on facebook....."Every person wants so much to be accepted. But you cannot be accepted by the world and be effective for the Lord." ~Dr. John MacArthur, Jr. Be blessed my friends, and rest in His love and grace!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys AND for her, even if we've got our own monumental struggles right now that render me unable to give financially - there is NOTHING wrong with asking friends for help at ANY time. They don't have to help if they don't want to/can't. There's nothing wrong with reaching out to loved ones. We can't all do everything ourselves all the time. You're not alone on the planet, you don't have to behave as if you were. xo

    ReplyDelete